Information collection, usage and disclosures
When you register on our site, place an order, make a payment, subscribe to our site, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site, your information is collected for functional purposes.
As part of this information collection process, when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details.
We use this Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information,” which collects information through the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Using your information
- for personalizing your experience on our site and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- for improving our site in order to better serve you.
- for allowing us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- for administering contest, promotions, surveys or other site featurers.
- for processing your transactions.
- for correspondence regarding your inquiry, order, purchase, shipment or other products and services.
Protection of Your InformationWe do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Our website and on-line store are hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Shopify is dedicated to the protecting privacy of our users. Please refer to Shopify's security involvement to protecting our website and your user experience at Shopify Security. Your information is not stored or processed on our servers.
Like many other online retailers, we use a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a small bit of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive that we use to help us retrieve data you may have stored with us. The "Help" portion on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to delete your computer's cookies or how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of our website, and we recommend that you leave the feature turned on.Like many other online retailers, we use a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a small bit of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive that we use to help us retrieve data you may have stored with us. The "Help" portion on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to delete your computer's cookies or how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of our website, and we recommend that you leave the feature turned on.
We may occasionally use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous and is not relatable to you. These third parties are prohibited by our contract with them from sharing that information with anyone other than us or our advertising service providers. However, we respect your privacy and your right to choose whether to be included in such services. If you would like more information or would like to learn about your ability to unsubscribe of this type of practice, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here. If you choose to unsubscribe, an "unsubscribe cookie" will be placed on your computer. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return to the link above to re-select your preferences.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails/communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us, such as your name, postal address, email address, or device ID. Our partners may link the non personal information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device, and they may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to opt out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also share your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
Shopify is usedto power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising from the following services through the links below:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not TrackPlease note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously by using a "Private or Incognito" browser.
- Users are able to change their personal information: By logging into their account
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following: NOT to use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
HTGT Furniture, 1644 Superior Ave, Costa Mesa, CA, 92627, email@example.com